All staff at Citrus Park Medical Care and Wesley Chapel Medical Care maintain the highest levels of accreditation and pursue ongoing education to stay abreast of the latest trends in the medical field. Read on to learn more about our staff's experience and training.
Shital Mehta, DO
- Born and raised in New Jersey
- Graduated with high honors from Richard Stockton College of NJ
- Medical School: University of Medicine and Dentistry of NJ, Graduated 2000
- Internship and Residency: St. Barnabas Health Systems
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine
Lisa Dinard, APRN
- Experience: Was in the Army Reserves from 1994 until 2000 working in a Medical Field Unit as a Nurse
- Worked as a Licensed Practical Nurse from 1996 until 2000 in Long Term Care
- Graduated with Associates Degree in Nursing
- Worked as Registered Nurse from 2000 until 2010 in Long Term Care, Emergency Room, ICU, CVSICU, and Pre-op at Tampa General Hospital
- Education: University of South Florida graduated with Masters Degree in Nursing in 2010
- Board Certified ARNP since 2010
- Worked in Internal Medicine since 2010 and at Citrus Park Medical Care since 2011
Parenkumar Patel, MD
- Double certified in Internal Medicine and Nephrology
- Residency training at Jamaica Hospital Medical Center, NY
- Fellowship in Nephrology and Hypertension at Brookdale University Hospital, Brooklyn NY
- Experience: Chief resident at Jamaica Hospital, New York
- Practicing medicine for 11 years and HMO Experience since 2012
- Languages: English, Hindi, Gujarati, Basic Spanish
- Special Interest: Preventive Medicine, Diabetes and its complications, Hypertension, Vascular Disease, Kidney Disease, COPD, High Cholesterol, Hormonal diseases and Obesity
Julia Jara, APRN
- Worked as a PCU RN from 2014 to 2020.
- Worked as a travel nurse for the past eight years in multiple states
- Including Texas, South Carolina and throughout the state of Florida.
- Graduated with BSN from the University of South Florida.
- Graduated with high honors from Maryville University.
- Sigma Theta Tau member - honor society for nursing
- Board Certified adult gerontology NP
Renelle Whyte-Gunn, APRN-BC
- Born and raised in Trinidad and Tobago.
- Education: Master of Science in Nursing at Duke University, NC in 2019.
- Board Certified with the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care.
- Seven years of critical care experience working with the veteran population in the Veterans' Health Administration as a bachelor-prepared registered nurse for ICU, PCU, Medical-Surgical and Spinal Cord Injury.
- Member of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) and Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing.
- Special interests in veteran care, adult and gerontological primary care.
Vijay Vaghasiya, MD
- Born and raised in India
- Education from Russia
- Residency training at Jamaica Hospital medical center, NY
- Certified in Internal medicine
- Languages spoken are Hindi, Gujarati, and English.
- Special interest holistic medical approach to all diseases.
Camila Avila, M.D
- Born and raised in Bogota Colombia
- Medical School: University of Florida, Gainesville, Graduated in 2015
- Completed Residency at Bayfront St. Petersburg.
- Certified by American Board of Family Medicine
- Language: Fluent in English, French, and Spanish
- Belongs to esteemed organizations like the Academy of Family Physicians and the American Academy of Family Physicians
- Worked in Family Medicine/Internal Medicine since 2015
Mildred Lopez-Garrido, PA-C
- Born and raised in Santiago de Cuba, Cuba
- Language: Fluent in Spanish and English
- Education: Miami-Dade College, Florida, Graduated in 2014 with Associates Degree in Physician Assistant Studies
- Board certified PA-C in the State of Florida since 2014.
- Certified by The National Commission on certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- Worked in Internal Medicine since 2014
- Specializes in adult and geriatric care.